The COVID-19 outbreak is having far-reaching implications for the hospitality, travel and leisure industry. We are using the power of our collaboration community to help companies across the HTL industry gain insights and advice on how to handle the situation from an employee and business continuity perspective.
We are hosting frequent webinars (see our events page) to discuss how companies in our sector are handling the situation, to share different approaches and to support each other. We also have a range of resources below for those in the industry who have unfortunately been let go.
At this time, more than ever, we need diverse teams, diversity of thought, backgrounds and experiences to solve what is one of the world's unprecedented problems and overcome this challenge together globally.
New research - The Impact of Covid-19 on Gender and Race & Ethnic Diversity in Hospitality, Travel & Leisure
On Tuesday 29th September we launched a new WiHTL report produced in partnership with PwC and The MBS Group entitled 'Guarding Against Unintended Consequences: The Impact of Covid-19 on Gender and Race & Ethnic Diversity in Hospitality, Travel & Leisure.'
How have women and ethnic minorities working in HTL been affected by the pandemic? What actions do we need to take now to avoid a long term negative impact on diversity and inclusion?
We answer these questions and suggest a number of actions business in the HTL sector can take to ensure Covid-19 acts as a positive catalyst for change and not a step backwards for diversity and inclusion.
Taking Care of the People You Need to Let Go
Outplacement Programmes for Companies
WiHTL has partnered with award winning CV writing and career coaching firm City CV to support the hospitality, travel and leisure industry and offer a suite of best-in-class outplacement support to employees who, during these unprecedented times, will need to be let go, and to make it easier for people to get the support they need, when they need it most.
City CV's packages include access to City CV's Career Refinery Portal and App. It may also include a customised programme of career and interview coaching, help in identifying the next steps and intensive writing support in the form of a compelling CV, letters and a LinkedIn profile. All these are completely bespoke and tailored to your staff’s specific needs.
We are able to offer a range of packages for employees at different stages of their career in need of different levels of support as well as individual offerings.
Bringing together e-learning, personal branding, live jobs and support with transition, the Career Refinery combines interactive tools and resources to equip your employees for the next stage of their career. With insights on the latest tools and techniques to promote self-development, this provides a robust and sustainable way to move forward. Above all, it maximises opportunities to locate and secure a new role swiftly.
The Career Refinery includes:
• 24/7 access to interactive tools, including an Interview Simulator and Aptitude Tests
• Over 800 e-learnings; videos, animations, tutorials and industry guides to embed and consolidate knowledge
• Thousands of live jobs in one place, making it easy to source the right roles according to skills, location and goals
• Support to help navigate career change and pinpoint where existing skills are most valued
CV Refinery: Online CV Service Our team will review every employee’s CV to support and reflect their aspirations as they embark on the next stage of their career.
• Articulate strengths & achievements: Once employees complete and return our user-friendly fact-finding form, one of our specialist writers will undertake a detailed assessment and CV overhaul.
• Boost success with proven techniques: Our writers will include relevant keywords to pass the sift, combined with appropriate formatting to beat the ATS algorithms.
• Review and refine: Every CV will be fine-tuned to align with industry’s expectations. Each individual will have a beautifully crafted, keyword rich and highly effective CV that places them in a powerful position when they make their applications.
WiHTL has negotiated a discounted rate on a range of packages to suit all needs depending what stay of their career your valued employees are at. They include access to the Career Refinery Portal & App and CV Refinery. Please enquire below for more information.
Useful Resources For HR & D&I Leaders
IHG - Supporting colleagues during Covid-19
IHG have a range of materials to ensure their colleagues remain connected, feel supported in dealing with new challenges and most importantly, give adequate focus to their wellbeing.
Click here to view their site